Saturday, February 2, 2008

THE BUCKET LIST

If you haven't seen the movie "The Bucket List" see it TODAY! I've always wanted to be "Norman" played by Henry Fonda in "On Golden Pond". He's a crusty old guy who calls it like he sees it. After seeing "The Bucket List" I've formalized my own bucket list and think I can combine the two. As I cross goals off my list I'll let you know.
Here's one: My son David and I have shared the outdoors since he was very young. He went to field trials with me since he was old enough to walk and ride. It was pure joy to watch a 7 year old David riding my horse Merry brace after brace and purposely falling behind so he could gallop her back up to the gallery. Davids now grown up to be a fine man. He's graduated from Michigan State, lived and worked in Chicago and now lives in Denver. Distance prevents us from being together often but last summer he came to LoBank and really fell in love with the AuSable North Branch and flyfishing.
Every father should have on his bucket list the sharing of the outdoors with his children.

No comments: