Sunday, June 14, 2009

WE'VE GOT SULPHERS

Kelly Neuman, a professional guide on the AuSable took this amazing picture of sulpher spinners this week. Our weather has been unusually cool this spring and there have only been a couple days when the high temperature was over 70 degrees. But now that a warming trend is on the way, we expect to see more hatches like this one. I have two important board meetings this week but come Friday I'm heading to LoBank for at least two weeks of fishing and scouting new hunting spots. I've got to order quail, get the johnny house set up and learn how to use my new Garmin Astro. Like Mike Spies says on his "Living with Birddogs" blog, "Life is Short.........Quit your job (I wish), turn off the TV and go outside and play"

2 comments:

Andrew M. Wayment said...

Dale,

Hatches like that make you think it's snowing upside down. It reminds me of the Brown Drake hatch on Silver Creek. Simply amazing! I live for evenings like that!

Andy

Shawn K. Wayment, DVM said...

I got to fish a few Sulpher hatches on Penn's Creek...headed there in 2 weeks! Hope they hatching there too!